SNC Lavalin Building Design Practice are looking for an experienced Daylight and Sunlight Specialist keen to further their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in London but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
You will work as part of our national practice of Building Design professionals, delivering solutions to clients across the UK and abroad. The Building Design practice work on projects across our primary market sectors, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation. The opportunity will require you to lead the development and implementation of daylighting and sunlighting for projects. The role will include client-facing as well as involvement in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced designer to further enhance their career, within a leading building design consultancy, taking responsibility for the development of a specialist discipline. Our focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow you continued development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand the services within the consultancy. Our Practice is committed to developing our ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organisation of our size and reach. Our ideal individual will bring strong technical skills to the role, as well as an enquiring mind able to contribute to the growth of our digital practice within the discipline.
• To lead the development of a daylight and sunlight specialist capability supporting internal and external clients. • Identify tools and establish processes required to carry out calculations and assessments.
• Develop templates and tools in order to produce reports to support planning applications.
• Provide technical expertise to projects informing the design of buildings.
• Work with client-side project teams, on consultancy, liaison, and development support.
• Work in partnership with Atkins global design centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
• Represent Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors.
• Carry out site surveys and inspections, prepare technical reports, maintaining records and archives to company standards
• Manage own workload, help and assist with technical development of junior staff.
• Ensuring an understanding of project briefs, perform task management and project coordination.